GREAT RIDERS AREN'T BORN. THEY'RE MADE.
LEARN TO RIDE - OR RIDE BETTER - THE H-D® WAY.
If you’re ready to experience the unique thrill of riding your own motorcycle for the first time, there’s no better place to learn than the New Rider Course at Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy. Experienced riders, take your skills to the next level with the Skilled Rider Course. Available only at Authorized H-D® Dealerships.
NEW RIDER COURSE WHAT TO EXPECT
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which may (varies by state) exempt you from the riding portion of your license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
- Be at least 16 years old, and if under 18, hold a learner's license for one year with no traffic convictions.
SKILLED RIDER COURSE (BRC2) WHAT TO EXPECT
Take your riding to an all-new level with the Harley-Davidson® Riding Academy Skilled Rider Course. Created for experienced riders, it offers advanced tips and techniques that help you own the road.
The course runs 1 day and is built on the curriculum of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) Basic RiderCourse 2 Suite. It is taught by devoted MSF and H-D® Certified Instructors.
The course focuses on improving these skills:
Control at low speeds
Limited space maneuvers
Swerving and stopping quickly on straights and in curves
Multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects
When you're done, you'll earn a MSF Basic RiderCourse 2 completion card that may qualify you for a discount on motorcycle insurance.
3-WHEEL BASIC RIDER COURSE (3WNRC) WHAT TO EXPECT
New to 3-wheel motorcycle riding? No worries. The 3-wheel New Rider Course is your gateway to 3-wheeled freedom. It’s designed to give you the skills to ride with confidence, whether you’re a first-time rider or it’s your first time on three wheels. The 3-Wheel New Rider Course is an entry-level, learn-to-ride 3-wheel motorcycle training and education course taught by MSF and Harley-Davidson Riding Academy Certified Coaches.
Total course time is approximately 18-20 hours, including classroom instruction, riding exercises on a practice track, and a knowledge and skill test.
You will need a 3-wheeled motorcycle. In some instances, your dealer can provide you with a bike to train on. Contact your dealer to see if they can provide a bike for the range sessions.